Sat, Jul 13|
Getting Started With Trino
Run SQL at scale to enable Analytics Anywhere
Time & Location
Jul 13, 2024, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM GMT+1
About the event
Join us for an exciting and informative public event on, "Getting Started With Trino," where you'll take a deep dive into the world of Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the revolutionary open-source distributed analytical SQL query engine.
Whether you're an aspiring data engineer or a seasoned data professional, this event promises to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to harness the full potential of Trino. Starburst data has developed cutting-edge solutions atop Trino to offer enterprise scale custom analytics solutions. This event will also introduce Starburst Data’s pathbreaking solution Starburst Galaxy, a revolutionary web-based Data Lake Analytical Platform (DLAP) for the data needs of tomorrow.
- Learn from Starburst-certified expert instructors who will guide you through Trino's core concepts and functionalities.
- Gain insights into the strong foundation that makes Trino an efficient, scalable, and high-performance analytical query engine.
- Explore Trino's architecture, cluster configurations, connectors, and catalog setups to seamlessly access and manipulate data through federated queries.
- Unlock the power of parallel data querying by connecting to multiple data sources using standard SQL queries.
- Experience the user-friendly Starburst Galaxy web-based UI wrapper that simplifies Trino usage.
- Network with like-minded professionals and engage with a diverse community of learners and professionals, fostering collaboration and growth..
Event Outcomes and Benefits:
By participating in this event, you will:
1. Develop an understanding of Trino's capabilities, enabling you to efficiently and simultaneously query diverse data sources.
2. Acquire hands-on experience in setting up and running Trino on Docker.
3. Enhance your SQL data analytics skills to gain valuable insights from your data.
4. Establish yourself as a proficient user of Trino and Starburst Galaxy giving a fillip to your skill-set.
5. Connect with a community of like-minded data enthusiasts and industry leaders.
Don't miss this opportunity to supercharge your data querying skills and transform your data analysis game. Join us at "Getting Started With Trino" and embark on a journey towards becoming a Trino expert and an early adopter of Starburst Galaxy!
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of databases and SQL, along with familiarity with the Linux/macOS CLI.
Register now to secure your spot and elevate your data querying expertise!
What is Trino?
- The Current Data Scenario
- Query engines - Types and Differences
- Introduction to Trino a Massively Parallel Processing Query Engine
Understanding the Trino Architecture
- Trino Architecture
- Trino Cluster with coordinator, and worker nodes
- Working of a MPP Query Engine
Installing and running Trino for the first time
- Checking prerequisites
- Trino in a Docker container
- Running the Container
- Using Trino CLI
Connecting to Data Sources and Running Queries
- Overview of available Clients and Connectors
- Configuring Catalogs as Data sources for first use
- Hands-on exercises: Exploring and Connecting to Connectors
- Hands-on exercises: Running queries in Trino CLI
Starburst Galaxy for a Managed Trino Experience
- Challenges with Apache Trino
- Introduction to Starburst
- Benefits of using Starburst
- Exploring Starburst Galaxy’s Web UI
- Exploring Data Sources
- Client Tools Integrations
- Starburst Architecture
- Hands-on: Federated Querying
- Ticket type
Getting Started With TrinoSale ends: Jul 10, 11:50 PM GMT+1
Jul 10, 11:50 PM GMT+1
*Inclusive of all taxesPrice$440.00